- Picnic area
- Car park
- Coach parking
The Salamandre cave
“The Cave of the Salamandre is one of the most beautiful cavities of Europe. For the first time open to the public in 2013, the cave offers you 4 types of visits:
– the belvedere with an amazing panoramic view, accessible with wheelchair (unique in Europe) ;
– a guided visit, a passionate tour of about one hour in the centre of an enormous location covered with splendid and titanic stalactites with light and sound ;
– And for those who like adrenaline, the big rappel: a 50m climbing down to discover the great room from the ceiling downwards. A event for family and friends. Without a doubt a big sensation and … a shared one.
– New in 2015: 3 hours of caving in the corridors of the Salamandre, a playful adventure, beautiful and a little bit sporty as well.
Outside, the natural site is of great beauty. To preserve it, vehicles are parked 700m further (visitors with reduced mobility can park near the entrance) and visitors enter by a nice and shaded path with leads to the wooden entrance designed by the architect Jean-François Daures. The Cave of the Salamander is thanks to its photovoltaic panels the first solar lighten cave in Europe. It also has a nice shop with original gifts like the very beautiful minerals of the region and a bar where you can taste good drinks on the nice terrace overlooking scrubland.”
- Pets welcome
- Coach access
- Son et Lumière
- Grand Rappel: 12 years old minimum
Les Coulisses de la Salamandre: 10 years old minimum
From 15/03 to 30/04, daily between 11 AM and 5 PM.
From 01/05 to 30/06, daily between 10.30 AM and 6 PM.
From 01/07 to 31/08, daily between 10 AM and 6.30 PM.
From 01/09 to 30/09, daily between 10.30 AM and 6 PM.
From 01/10 to 31/10, daily between 11 AM and 5 PM.
Adult: from 12.50 €
Child : from 8 €
Group adults: from 9 €
Group children : from 5.50 €.
Free entry for children < 6 years.
Child entry valid for 6 - 14 years.
Group rate available for > 20 people.
Belvédère : 8 €
Grand Rappel: 42 € (1 to 4 people), 35€ for groups (minimum 9 people).
Les Coulisses de la Salamandre (4 people minimum): 42 €.
Bank/credit card - Cheque - Chèques Vacances - Cash - Credit transfer - Paypal